Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ELEGANT LIVING ROOMS AND SPACES

I truly believe that paint colors are "Grown-Up" Crayons.  Paint and paint colors are a practical way to totally change a room or a piece of furniture.   Over the years, paint has been one of the most economical methods by which I have been able to add a pop of color to a room or, add a sense of calm. 


Currently, my favorite paint color obsession is Navajo White by Benjamin Moore.  www.benjaminmoore.com.


Navajo White by Benjamin Moore 
Two months ago, our living room and dining room was a warm apple green color.  We inherited this color when we moved in to our home 4 years ago.  I was ready for a change and, ready to make it more of my own space. 


I loved the new color on the walls so much that, I had 4 pieces of furniture painted as well.  Contrast in a room is very important, in order to add interest and the important 'WOW' effect.  I asked my painter to have the furniture paint mixed two shades darker than the Navajo White.  


I have added a few elegant rooms that are really AWESOME and, lighter and brighter.  These spaces are very chic and, calming. 


















design-trends-MH0109-MONTBELL1-01.jpg
Cover it up for a change












I would like to credit the following for the wonderful pictures:   www.coastalliving.comwww.elegantwoman.org;




www.elledecor.com.






Do you need a new look and design?  Paint your walls cream and INDULGE yourself and your guests.  






Take a look at the most current issue of ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST......it is YUMMY! 




www.architecturaldigest.com.


















No comments: